Monday, December 11, 2006

Automobiles

This is just taken straight from their website. They said it best:

I've been noticing that a lot of what we've done here on the BSS Challenge is character based. In order to stretch us a bit further than we would normally be stretched, this week's challenge is not to draw a character, but to draw an automobile. Yes, the automobile. Man's greatest fusion of engineering and design. Sure, there's some ugly cars out there, but some of the most beautiful peices of art ever created are on four wheels. So, go draw a car. You pick which one. Is it the Lamborgini of your childhood dreams, or the Honda of your current reality? Or is it a totally made up car no one has seen before? Show us.



I'm going to draw sketchy and sloppy and there is nothing anyone can do about it.
-Kaitlyn
P.S. I'm expecting a drawing from you this week, Mr. Woodside.




Anyone want to buy a firebird?
-Michael




A car
i did a late entry to moby dick below!
-manlouk



And my car doesn't suck Manlouk!!... at least mine has wheals!!

-Fernando Aka AmznFX

4 Comments:

Blogger Kait said...

oh....crap... after my illustrations of Gold's street, I have learned I cannot draw cars even with a straight reference of the same angle. yesssssssssss. I can draw my pinewood derby car... ha. haha. ha.

*insert penguin "mah" noise here*

8:25 AM  
Blogger Danny said...

Dammit, Kaitlyn...
I'm liking this idea though.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Katie W. said...

This is completely unrelated, but I just discovered that Glen Keane is the son of Bil Keane (creator of the Family Circus comic strip). Talk about good cartoon-drawing genes. Sheesh.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Block Head said...

Michael, you scare me. My Dad has that exact same car, same color and SAME flat tire.

I should show him this lol.

Great job!

Kait your car reminds me of the cars I saw in Paris. It's so cute and tiny and perfect for parallel parking!

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home